The gastronomical journey of a weekend chef!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Suppose I am Doing This Too, Now

Hello, hello, hello.

I must have been 13 when I tried my hand at cooking. I made a cup of tomato soup for my mother, who had a bad cold. I decided I'd make it extra special by adding in some croutons. I had never made croutons before, so what should have been tiny crunchy squares of toasted bread turned out as large globs of fried bread. My mother relished the soup, nonetheless. At least, that's what I like to think!

As time progressed later, I found myself enjoying the whole experience of cooking. Creating something from scratch and feeding it to my parents and my friends feels like a very fulfilling experience, somehow. Compliments, of course, just made it a lot sweeter.

I do not claim to be an expert, I have had several disasters in the kitchen. I would like to say I am still learning, and with this blog, I share my experiences with you.

As a working woman, I cannot devote everyday to cooking, though I wish I could. That's why the name of this blog is The Weekend Chef, because it's only then when I can cook up a storm in the kitchen.

So sit back, relax and come take this gastronomical journey with me!

~S.J 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Sup! I have been fortunate enough to gorge some of your amazing creations - fudge brownie, spaghetti, cakes, etc. I would love to see some of them here. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete